Monday, December 10, 2007


El Lissitzky: Armchair for the Hygiene Exhibition Dresden
This chair is painted plywood construction with solid wood seat and metal fittings. El Lissitzky taught at the Vkhutemas Moscow design institute and was a co-founder of Constuctivism. He associated with De Stijl members, Bauhaus designers and Dada artist and their influence can be seen in his designs.
I think that this chair looks too much like a movie theather chair to be placed anywhere else in public. I also think that it looks very uncomfortable because of the harsh hard plastic. One thing that I really don’t like is how far the arms are placed up on the chair it looks like that would be a pain in the butt to hold you arms way up there.

1 comment:

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.